Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Implementing motion blur, part of Creating Motion Graphics with Fusion.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] Adding depth of field on…really can bring an image to life,…because we expect to see in imagery actually imperfection.…That is, things should blur.…There should be maybe even the tiniest bit of haze,…ringing, atmospheric perspective, red shift, blue shift,…all kinds of fun going on.…What we don't expect to see is a pristine image.…And so blurring it is a big deal.…I start out with depth of field blur,…because I like to have my images, well,…in focus in a certain place as if it was shot that way.…
Then I'll start to add on other post work here,…really bringing this last shot to life.…Right now, what we've got is just depth blur and defocus.…We focused in the ball,…and now I'm going to add a little motion blur…to that ball as well.…If we take a look at this .exr of the ball,…what we can see here is that we've got different channels…available here in the format.…Scrolling down, we've got things like X and Y Velocity,…Reverse, Position, Disparity, all kinds of fun.…You can get very heavy into this,…
- Importing and layering footage
- Creating a camera and setting up a renderer
- Animating cameras in 3D space
- Adding a particle system
- Lighting the scene
- Adding effects like depth of field and motion blur
- Painting a logo
- Adding text
- Rendering the final composite
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Fractured 3D Typewith Ian Robinson1h 53m Intermediate
1. Importing and Layering Footage
2. Animating Cameras in 3D Space
3. Adding Particles
Creating a particle renderer6m 19s
4. Lighting the Scene
5. Adding Post Effects and Final Polish
6. Using Paint to Create a Logo
7. Adding Text and Rendering
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.