Join Thom Tremblay for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Fusion 360: Generative Design.
- [Instructor] Generative design is an advanced simulation tool ideal for mechanical engineers. To be effective, it requires a fundamental understanding of finite element analysis practices and a strong understanding of the real world conditions the physical component you will designing will be subjected to. An understanding of Fusion 360's unique approach to using multiple bodies in a single design file can also be helpful. With this background, you should find the course easy to follow and really see the benefits of this technology.
- Generative design vs. shape optimization
- Starting a generative study
- Selecting portions of a model to preserve
- Defining obstacles
- Setting design conditions and criteria
- Reviewing and comparing outcomes
- Exporting results
- Cloning an existing study