Learn how to use Fusion 360 to generate mechatronics designs, including parts, drawings, and assemblies.
- [Justin] Autodesk Fusion 360 is a global leader in engineering and design software used throughout numerous industries. Hi, I'm Justin Flett, and welcome to Fusion 360: Mechatronics Design. In this course, we'll take a look at the entire process of generating a simplified mechatronics project. First, we'll discuss and recap some of the basics of the software and how to generate simple mechanical parts for a simplified robotic arm design. We'll then learn some more advanced Fusion 360 tools for plastics and casting design, such as draft, shell, ribs, and web. Next, we will discuss some additional tools that may help us with mechatronics assemblies, such as using imported electronics models such as motors or PCBs. We will also discuss one method for routing wires or cables within an electromechanical project. Finally, we'll learn how to generate some final outputs commonly used in industry, such as drawing files, STEP files, and PDF exports. Now, let's get started with Fusion 360: Mechatronics Design.
- Designing the base component
- Designing links
- Using the plastics and casting design tools
- Creating a mechatronics assembly
- Routing wire
- Creating the final outputs