Learn how to use the Rib feature and explore why Ribs are commonly used in plastics design and metal castings.
- Now that we have shelled out our component, … I'm going to add some ribs, … or a web to my enclosure … to help improve the structural strength of the part. … Now the web and rib commands are slightly different … than some of the standard Fusion 360 tools … we may have used before, but it works somewhat … similar to a thin extrusion. … So, the first thing I might want to do is … define a rib or web plane, … or a position in which my ribs or web will start. … Now I could do this just from the top of my part here … or the top plane for example, … but generally ribs will not go all the way up … to the top of a component, … so instead I might use my construct tools, … and construct just an offset plane here. … I'm going to offset my rib or web plane, let's say, … five millimeters … below my … top face there, … and if I'm happy with that I can say okay. … So now I'll just want to create a sketch … on this rib or web plane … and really all I have to do is, … I'll just sketch out some lines here that …
- Designing the base component
- Designing links
- Using the plastics and casting design tools
- Creating a mechatronics assembly
- Routing wire
- Creating the final outputs