Get tips for taking the exam.
- [Narrator] Taking a certification exam or any kind of exam can be stressful. You can find yourself forgetting things you've known for a long time. Here's some tips for navigating the exam and keeping your focus. For the professional exams and for the user exams, it's important to start the application before starting the exam browser. You won't be able to return to the desktop to start the application, once the exam has begun. Use the Alt + Tab key option to switch back and forth between the application and the exam, so that you're able to quickly and easily get the result back into the exam.
Make sure that you read all of the instructions before beginning the exam. These instructions will give you information on items, like being able to mark questions. In fact, speaking of marking questions, if you come to a question that you don't immediately understand, mark it and come back to it. These exams are timed, so spending time on a question that you may or may not get right, and running out of time before answering questions that you would get right could put you at risk of failing the exam.
If you need to step away, make sure that you pause the exam before you do. If you don't pause the exam, the timer will keep running, and again, you could run out of time. Many of the questions in the exam depend on a numerical value, derived from the properties' dialogue box. Make sure that you're selecting the correct numerical value. Some questions will ask for the volume or the mass of the component. Some questions will ask for values of moments of inertia, such as the x or z value. Make sure that you're getting the correct result for the exam.
Whenever possible, copy and paste that answer, rather than trying to retype it. A simple keyboard mistake could be the difference between a right and wrong. And most importantly, relax. You've put in the time with the product. You're prepared for certification. Just allow yourself to use the tool as you know it. With all of this in mind, let's turn our focus to the certification objectives. In Fusion 360 you can access the properties dialogue by right clicking on a component and selecting properties.
You can see in the image of the properties dialogue that the x, y, and z values of the center of mass are displayed. The mass is displayed and the volume is displayed. For the questions in the exam, you'll only need the numerical value. You will not need the units that the number represents. And make sure to include all numbers. For example, in the mass displayed in this image there are three digits after the decimal point. Make sure to include all three of them.
With all of this in mind, let's turn our focus to the certification objectives.
- Considerations for becoming certified
- Tips for taking the exam
- Creating a project
- Creating a 2D sketch
- Creating extrude features and revolve features
- Working with direct modeling
- Understanding assembly structure
- Creating drawing views
- Working with advanced modeling tools
- Generating data for 3D printing
- Performing a stress analysis