Learn to use the symmetry constraint to make circles symmetric to each other. Then use the Mirror tool to mirror the two top circles to the bottom.
- [Instructor] Okay next I want to make both these…circles have the same distance from the edges here,…so I want them to be in a position…to have a symmetrical relationship,…so we're going to use the symmetry constraint here…in our sketch pallet.…Now the way the symmetry constraint works is…you have to select both items that you want to be…symmetric and then you need to select…which line you want them to be symmetric about.…So, we're going to first draw a line to…give it a reference.…
Now what I like to do…is I like to draw a line outside of my,…sort of work area outside of my sketch…cause I don't like to…get it too cluttered,…so we're going to hit "L" for a line…and I'm just going to draw a line up here…and I'm going to make sure that…that line is vertical so,…here I have this perpendicular constraint,…or you may see that it makes out a vertical constraint,…either one is fine.…I'm going to select that line and click "X"…to make it a construction line,…then I'm going to grab my horizontal slash vertical…constraint.…
- Getting started with Fusion 360
- Sketching and extruding
- Editing sketches and features
- Using calipers to get precise measurements
- Designing according constraints
- Modifying dimensions
- Changing inches to millimeters
- Modifying features
- Attaching and calibrating a canvas
- Sketching by referencing a canvas
- Parallel constraints
- Combining bodies and separating bodies
Skill Level Beginner
Fusion 360 Product Design: Lightingwith Carl Frischmuth5h 54m Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
Fusion 360: 3D Printed Product Enclosurewith Vladimir Mariano1h 52m Intermediate
2. Design Basics
3. Designing Accurate Parts
4. Design by Referencing Drawings
5. Design by Attaching Canvas
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.