In this video, learn to create a new assembly. Begin by inserting a number of the components created in earlier lessons. Additionally, discover commonly used mates for the assembly.
- [Instructor] So now that we have designed all … of our individual components, … let's start putting those all together in an assembly. … So with Fusion 360, we have a number of different ways … to create assemblies. … You could actually sketch everything up … and design everything up in a single file, … or what I'm going to be running through in this case … is saving out a number of individual files … and then bringing them all together in an assembly. … So to do this, I've just created a new empty file here … called R-B-T underscore assem, … or robot assembly, … and I'm just going to go into my data panel here. … And this is the folder where we've been kind of saving … out all of the parts we've been designing. … We can see them all here. … So you can really start with any part you'd like. … I'm going to try to build this a little bit in order, … so I might start with the robot base here, … and I can just right click on any of those components … and say insert into current design. …
- Designing the base component
- Designing links
- Using the plastics and casting design tools
- Creating a mechatronics assembly
- Routing wire
- Creating the final outputs