Use the attached canvas of the Circuit Playground board to reference different sketch entities. Use the three-point rectangle to create an angled rectangle for the neopixel led.
- [Instructor] We'll begin with a sketch on our XY plane,…so we'll grab our Create Sketch icon.…And if you don't see your plane here,…you can untoggle the canvas.…We'll just go ahead and select it,…and bring back our canvas.…And we're going to begin with a center diameter circle,…so we'll hit C, start at our origin,…and we can come out and either reference our circle here,…but to get a more precise dimension,…we know that that diameter is two inches as it states here,…so we'll just go ahead and type that in.…
Two inch, and hit Enter twice.…And we can see that fusion scale led to 50.80 millimeters.…This canvas opacity is looking a bit dark,…so let's change that.…I'm going to right-click on the canvas here,…go to Edit Canvas, and we'll bring it down…from 60 to about 30.…That way we can see our sketch lines a little better.…We're going to hit Stop Sketch,…and then we're going to select our profile.…
Hit E for extrude,…and we'll go down -1.7 millimeters, and hit Enter.…So if we untoggle the Canvas, we see that we created…
- Getting started with Fusion 360
- Sketching and extruding
- Editing sketches and features
- Using calipers to get precise measurements
- Designing according constraints
- Modifying dimensions
- Changing inches to millimeters
- Modifying features
- Attaching and calibrating a canvas
- Sketching by referencing a canvas
- Parallel constraints
- Combining bodies and separating bodies
Skill Level Beginner
Fusion 360 Product Design: Lightingwith Carl Frischmuth5h 54m Intermediate
Fusion 360: 3D Printed Product Enclosurewith Vladimir Mariano1h 52m Intermediate
2. Design Basics
3. Designing Accurate Parts
4. Design by Referencing Drawings
5. Design by Attaching Canvas
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.