Join Jomarc Baquiran for an in-depth discussion in this video Sketch profiles and fully constrained, part of Migrating from AutoCAD to Fusion 360.
- [Instructor] I have four connected lines…currently in our model workspace.…And my intent is to extrude this into 3D.…Now in AutoCAD, if this is not a polyline,…I will need to grab my Region command,…creating a window selection to select all of these lines.…And, finally, grab Extrude, select this region…and finally give this a height to make this into 3D.…
Let's discover the equivalent of turning 2D into 3D…in Fusion 360.…Going back to Fusion 360, we have one, two,…three four and five profiles.…A profile can be easily distinguished by this color.…And when we hover, over a profile,…notice it highlights in black.…Let's turn this area into a profile.…
I'm going to hit L for Line,…left-click on this endpoint…and, finally, left-click on this endpoint.…So, notice a closed loop turns into a profile.…Let's merge these profiles.…I'm going to hit Escape to disable Line,…select this circle and this line,…right-click, selecting Tangent.…Let's inspect this upcoming error.…
Selecting this circle and this horizontal line,…Control + left-click, right-click, selecting Tangent,…
- Similarities and differences between AutoCAD and Fusion 360
- Collaborating in Fusion Team and A360
- Sketch constraints
- Creating and modifying tools
- Design intent
- Assembling parts and components
- Creating 2D drawings
- Importing AutoCAD files
- Exporting a drawing to DWG
Skill Level Intermediate
Migrating from AutoCAD to Revitwith Paul F. Aubin2h 18m Intermediate
Migrating from AutoCAD to Inventorwith Thom Tremblay1h 18m Beginner
Cert Prep: Autodesk Fusion 360 Userwith Thom Tremblay55m 32s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Constraints and 3D Part Modeling
3. Assemble Parts and Components in Fusion 360
4. Creating 2D Drawings in Fusion 360
5. Working with AutoCAD Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.