Join Jomarc Baquiran for an in-depth discussion in this video Sketch constraints: Horizontal, vertical, and collinear, part of Migrating from AutoCAD to Fusion 360.
- [Male Voice] Are you familiar with these tools in AutoCAD?…In this lesson, we will discover…and master these tools in Fusion 360.…Let's enter sketch mode and in our canvas,…I'm going to grab our marking menu…by hitting right-click, going down,…and instead of selecting Create Sketch,…I have an intent to create a line, so selecting line.…Let's create our sketch on the XZ plane.…
Let's drop our first point, left-click here.…Notice as I slowly move to the right,…the dimension is dynamically being updated,…and on the bottom of my line there is…a horizontal inferred constraint.…Let's commit to this inferred constraint by left-clicking…and hitting escape to disable the line command.…Notice the Horizontal/Vertical constraint,…which is this one, was applied.…
And if I would like this line not to be horizontal,…we can hover over this constraint, left-click.…It is now highlighted in blue, and hit delete.…From here, I can grab this endpoint, left-click and hold…so we can now move our line freely…and not constrained into being a horizontal line.…
- Similarities and differences between AutoCAD and Fusion 360
- Collaborating in Fusion Team and A360
- Sketch constraints
- Creating and modifying tools
- Design intent
- Assembling parts and components
- Creating 2D drawings
- Importing AutoCAD files
- Exporting a drawing to DWG
Skill Level Intermediate
Migrating from AutoCAD to Revitwith Paul F. Aubin2h 18m Intermediate
Migrating from AutoCAD to Inventorwith Thom Tremblay1h 18m Beginner
Cert Prep: Autodesk Fusion 360 Userwith Thom Tremblay55m 32s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Constraints and 3D Part Modeling
3. Assemble Parts and Components in Fusion 360
4. Creating 2D Drawings in Fusion 360
5. Working with AutoCAD Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.