Wrap up the CP design by adding appearances. To speed up the process, learn to first separate the different parts into their own bodies. Learn the difference between deleting and suppressing features in the timeline.
- [Narrator] That's all the features…we're going to add to our circuit playground part.…Now, there are still a few more parts that…we could add if I bring in Canvas here…and we take a look at it.…Notice that there's still some buttons and sensors here,…but because these aren't going to…affect the enclosure we'll be designing,…I'm not going to bother with bringing them in.…Now, if you were designing an enclosure where…these would affect it, for example,…you needed them to extrude through the enclosure,…then you would definitely want to add them in.…
What we will do is add appearances to our model here,…so let's get rid of Canvas,…and I'm going to show you a trick here.…So let's click A for appearances…and we get our appearance box here.…Remember, if you don't see it,…it may just pop up as this little bar…and you need to click on the plus sign here.…And remember that with appearances you have the option…to add appearances to bodies or faces,…and when we add appearances to faces…it's a little bit tedious, especially if you have…
- Getting started with Fusion 360
- Sketching and extruding
- Editing sketches and features
- Using calipers to get precise measurements
- Designing according constraints
- Modifying dimensions
- Changing inches to millimeters
- Modifying features
- Attaching and calibrating a canvas
- Sketching by referencing a canvas
- Parallel constraints
- Combining bodies and separating bodies
Skill Level Beginner
Fusion 360 Product Design: Lightingwith Carl Frischmuth5h 54m Intermediate
Fusion 360: 3D Printed Product Enclosurewith Vladimir Mariano1h 52m Intermediate
2. Design Basics
3. Designing Accurate Parts
4. Design by Referencing Drawings
5. Design by Attaching Canvas
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.