Join Vladimir Mariano for an in-depth discussion in this video Secure the battery, part of Fusion 360: 3D Printed Product Enclosure.
- [Instructor] Let's now bring everything into view…by clicking on all our light bulbs…and take a look at our assembly.…So the only thing that we're missing here…is something to hold our battery in place.…That's to prevent it from sliding back.…So let's go ahead and model that right now.…We'll navigate to a top view…and we'll remove the circuit playground…so we can see through, and we'll create a sketch…on our surface here, so Create Sketch,…choose the surface of that cylinder,…and we're going to start with just a simple rectangle,…so 'r' for rectangle, and we'll go ahead and…start drawing it,…and let's give this a dimension of 10 by say,…eight looks a little too wide, 10 by five looks good.…
So we'll enter that into place,…and let's position this…so that it's centered with our origin.…Now because I didn't draw a center rectangle,…we'll just hit 'l' for line and we'll create a line…between these, a diagonal line between these two points…while I click 'x' to make it a construction line…and we'll put a point right in the middle there…
- Changing Fusion 360 settings
- Inserting parts into a current design
- Modifying a linked component
- Moving, aligning, and positioning components
- Designing a housing
- Modeling circuit playground platforms
- Checking the fit for 3D printing
- Preparing for 3D printing
- Modifying constraints
- Designing a cover and a shell
- Adding cutouts
- Finishing the assembly
Skill Level Intermediate
Fusion 360 Product Design: Lightingwith Carl Frischmuth5h 54m Intermediate
Additive Manufacturing: Optimizing 3D Printswith Rich Cameron1h 24m Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
1. Set Up
2. Insert and Position Components
3. Model Enclosure Base
4. Model Enclosure Cover
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.