Design the USB port using constraints to lock it in place. Use the depth gauge on the digital caliper to measure the port thicknesses.
- [Instructor] Let's now create this USB port here…and to do that we'll go back to Fusion…and this time we'll make it easier…by going with that Center Rectangle,…so again we'll create it outside here first…and then give it dimensions,…so this one I measured at 5.8 by 7.8,…so D for dimension.…We'll make this 5.8…and then this edge will be 7.8.…
We'll grab it by the midpoint…and move it closer to this horizontal line,…or axes there and we'll grab our horizontal constraint,…constrain it to our origin…and in this case this one is the opposite,…it kind of comes out about a millimeter,…so we'll go ahead and go back to Fusion,…hit escape, drag this inside,…D for dimension and we will dimension this edge…from this edge, one millimeter.…
We wanted it the other way,…we want it to come out,…so cancel.…D for dimension, this edge from this edge…and make that one millimeter.…You know what?…One looks a little too much,…so let's do another one with half a millimeter there.…That looks better.…And now that's fully constrained…and I can click on Stop Sketch.…
- Getting started with Fusion 360
- Sketching and extruding
- Editing sketches and features
- Using calipers to get precise measurements
- Designing according constraints
- Modifying dimensions
- Changing inches to millimeters
- Modifying features
- Attaching and calibrating a canvas
- Sketching by referencing a canvas
- Parallel constraints
- Combining bodies and separating bodies
Skill Level Beginner
Fusion 360 Product Design: Lightingwith Carl Frischmuth5h 54m Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
Fusion 360: 3D Printed Product Enclosurewith Vladimir Mariano1h 52m Intermediate
2. Design Basics
3. Designing Accurate Parts
4. Design by Referencing Drawings
5. Design by Attaching Canvas
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.