Use the parallel constraint to set the rectangle to the proper angle. Use Circular Pattern to pattern ten copies of the neopixel rectangle.
- [Instructor] Okay, let's bring back that canvas.…Now if I grab this point, and try to move it around,…I can't, right 'cause it's locked in place.…So it seems like it's fully constrained,…however, it's blue.…Right, and when something is blue…it means it's not constrained.…So here's the problem,…if I grab the side here, it'll rotate.…So I didn't constrain it to keep it from rotating.…So to do that, we can either set an angle here.…
Instead, I'm going to use the opportunity…to show you a different sketch constraint.…And that's going to be the parallel constraint.…So we'll start by drawing a line, so I'll hit L for line,…and I'm going to zoom in really close.…And I'm going to draw a line,…actually let me move this dimension out of here first.…Okay now I'll hit L for line.…Draw a line to follow this line, this yellow line,…as close as I can.…And again, if you hold Control,…it'll keep it from trying to snap at different angles.…
So I'm going to get that to follow that line.…And a way I can constrain this line…without connecting it to the origin or anything else…
- Getting started with Fusion 360
- Sketching and extruding
- Editing sketches and features
- Using calipers to get precise measurements
- Designing according constraints
- Modifying dimensions
- Changing inches to millimeters
- Modifying features
- Attaching and calibrating a canvas
- Sketching by referencing a canvas
- Parallel constraints
- Combining bodies and separating bodies
Skill Level Beginner
Fusion 360 Product Design: Lightingwith Carl Frischmuth5h 54m Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
Fusion 360: 3D Printed Product Enclosurewith Vladimir Mariano1h 52m Intermediate
2. Design Basics
3. Designing Accurate Parts
4. Design by Referencing Drawings
5. Design by Attaching Canvas
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.