Learn to use the offset tool to hollow out the battery and USB ports. Use the Fillet tool to round out the four corners on the charger.
- [Instructor] Next we'll hollow out these ports…in order to better mimic our model.…To do so we're going to take advantage of a new tool…called offset.…We're going to want to create that offset on this surface.…So, because there's no existing sketch to edit,…we'll create a new sketch.…We'll go to sketch,…create sketch and choose this surface.…And make sure you're looking at the front view.…Also, be aware that the back is higher…so we can see it through that front,…or we can see it behind this front face over here.…
So, if I orbit,…you can see that that back shows up.…If that's not the case with your design,…then don't worry about it.…Let's go back and click on that front of that view cube,…that's going to take us to a direct front view.…Okay, let's try that offset tool,…so we'll go to sketch,…down to offset,…and notice I get this dialogue box…and I have this option for chain selection.…If I click that,…or if you leave it checked and you select,…again, this inner edge,…notice that the entire chain is selected.…
Now, if I cancel…
- Getting started with Fusion 360
- Sketching and extruding
- Editing sketches and features
- Using calipers to get precise measurements
- Designing according constraints
- Modifying dimensions
- Changing inches to millimeters
- Modifying features
- Attaching and calibrating a canvas
- Sketching by referencing a canvas
- Parallel constraints
- Combining bodies and separating bodies
Skill Level Beginner
Fusion 360 Product Design: Lightingwith Carl Frischmuth5h 54m Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
Fusion 360: 3D Printed Product Enclosurewith Vladimir Mariano1h 52m Intermediate
2. Design Basics
3. Designing Accurate Parts
4. Design by Referencing Drawings
5. Design by Attaching Canvas
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.