Go to the product page in look up the technical drawings. Learn how to download the drawings and reference the dimensions to create the part.
- [Instructor] The next part we're going to design…is our battery charger, and the way we're going…to approach this design is by looking…up the specification drawings to get our dimensions.…So, let's go right to the product website,…which is adafruit.com.…And, I'm simply going to start typing Lipo, because…it's a Lipo battery charger.…I'll type Lipo on the search bar,…if I just type Lip it comes right up.…It's product 1904 which is Adafruit Micro Lipo with…Micro USB Jack. Make sure you get the right one,…because there's a few similar ones here.…
For example there is a Mini Lipo charger.…So, click on that product and it's going to bring us to…it's page. And, if I scroll down a little bit I'm going to…find this technical details link, and I'm going to click on…that and it's going to take me right…down to the technical details.…Now, for this light switch we simply use these…dimensions to go ahead and create it…along with getting dimensions from our calipers.…But, what's nice about Adafruit in general…is that they give you a lot of details…
- Getting started with Fusion 360
- Sketching and extruding
- Editing sketches and features
- Using calipers to get precise measurements
- Designing according constraints
- Modifying dimensions
- Changing inches to millimeters
- Modifying features
- Attaching and calibrating a canvas
- Sketching by referencing a canvas
- Parallel constraints
- Combining bodies and separating bodies
Skill Level Beginner
Fusion 360 Product Design: Lightingwith Carl Frischmuth5h 54m Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
Fusion 360: 3D Printed Product Enclosurewith Vladimir Mariano1h 52m Intermediate
2. Design Basics
3. Designing Accurate Parts
4. Design by Referencing Drawings
5. Design by Attaching Canvas
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.