Join Vladimir Mariano for an in-depth discussion in this video Move and align the charger into position, part of Fusion 360: 3D Printed Product Enclosure.
- [Narrator] In order to have a good reference surface…to lay out our parts about,…we'll create a simple base…so that we can know where the arrange our parts.…To do so we're simply going to create…a circle and extrude it.…We'll begin by going to create sketch…and we're going to select our X-Y plane.…Now if you're in a situation like this…where you have a part and other surfaces…and planes in the way,…if you left click and hold,…you get this option here where it will…let you choose what surface you want to sketch on.…
In this case I can choose between the top face,…my X-Y plane, or that bottom face.…The other option is to just simply…go in your browser and remove the object that's in the way.…I'll untoggle the battery.…Now I have no problem selecting the X-Y plane.…We'll select that and we're into our sketch mode.…Let's remove any part that we don't need right now.…I don't need the circuit playground…and we'll take out the slide switch.…We'll begin by hitting C for center diameter circle.…
We'll start at our origin,…
- Changing Fusion 360 settings
- Inserting parts into a current design
- Modifying a linked component
- Moving, aligning, and positioning components
- Designing a housing
- Modeling circuit playground platforms
- Checking the fit for 3D printing
- Preparing for 3D printing
- Modifying constraints
- Designing a cover and a shell
- Adding cutouts
- Finishing the assembly
Skill Level Intermediate
Fusion 360 Product Design: Lightingwith Carl Frischmuth5h 54m Intermediate
Additive Manufacturing: Optimizing 3D Printswith Rich Cameron1h 22m Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
1. Set Up
2. Insert and Position Components
3. Model Enclosure Base
4. Model Enclosure Cover
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.