Look at how to efficiently modify the design by changing the size of all four mounting holes by simply changing one dimension within the sketch.
- [Instructor] Before moving on to the next part,…let's say you encounter a situation for whatever reason…where you need to change the size…of the four holes on our battery charger.…A scenario may just be that there's a new version…to this part, and the only physical change is…that the holes are slightly bigger.…But with Fusion 360,…this is actually a very simple procedure.…To change our hole size, all we have to do is go back…into the sketch that we created it and modify it.…So, we'll find that sketch…which was the first sketch we created here.…
We'll go to our timeline and double click on that sketch,…and it'll open it up.…Now, if you recall, we created this circle…and gave only that one a dimension,…and then we set this circle equal to the first one,…and then we mirrored these two to the bottom here.…All these circles, their dimensions are linked to this one,…so this is the only one we have to change.…Instead of 2.54…or .1 inch, I'm going to change this to…3.8 millimeters,…hit Enter, and you can see they all got bigger.…
- Getting started with Fusion 360
- Sketching and extruding
- Editing sketches and features
- Using calipers to get precise measurements
- Designing according constraints
- Modifying dimensions
- Changing inches to millimeters
- Modifying features
- Attaching and calibrating a canvas
- Sketching by referencing a canvas
- Parallel constraints
- Combining bodies and separating bodies
Skill Level Beginner
Fusion 360 Product Design: Lightingwith Carl Frischmuth5h 54m Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
Fusion 360: 3D Printed Product Enclosurewith Vladimir Mariano1h 52m Intermediate
2. Design Basics
3. Designing Accurate Parts
4. Design by Referencing Drawings
5. Design by Attaching Canvas
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.