Update the sketch dimensions and see how the 3D model is automatically updated. Finish the slide switch by applying a fillet and appearances.
- [Instructor] Okay, so,…these are looking abnormally thick.…Right?…I did that on purpose…'cause I wanted to show you…the power of perimetric design.…So, let's go back to that sketch,…double click,…and…let's untoggle body so we can see these dimensions…a little more clearly.…What I want to do is…actually make these a lot thinner,…so I'll move these over so we can see them.…
And we'll take that one millimeter…and we're going to make at 0.3.…I'm going to take this dimension of…two millimeters…and we're going to make that one.…Hit enter.…Oops, wrong one here.…Notice how I changed this one…instead of the middle one.…I'm going to undo that.…And that's because,…remember how I said you shouldn't sometimes…move these over 'cause they can get confusing.…
So, let's position these dimensions…so that they're not overlapping each other.…Now that's a little clearer.…So, we're going to change this one from two to 0.5.…And because all of the other ones were…a function of that middle dimension,…they all change.…But that's not the end of the story,…
- Getting started with Fusion 360
- Sketching and extruding
- Editing sketches and features
- Using calipers to get precise measurements
- Designing according constraints
- Modifying dimensions
- Changing inches to millimeters
- Modifying features
- Attaching and calibrating a canvas
- Sketching by referencing a canvas
- Parallel constraints
- Combining bodies and separating bodies
Skill Level Beginner
Fusion 360 Product Design: Lightingwith Carl Frischmuth5h 54m Intermediate
Fusion 360: 3D Printed Product Enclosurewith Vladimir Mariano1h 52m Intermediate
2. Design Basics
3. Designing Accurate Parts
4. Design by Referencing Drawings
5. Design by Attaching Canvas
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.