Join Jomarc Baquiran for an in-depth discussion in this video Modify tools: Draft and shell, part of Migrating from AutoCAD to Fusion 360.
- [Instructor] Hi everyone.…In this lesson,…we will explore the draft and shell modifiers.…We have here a rectangular box extruded symmetrically.…Let's kick off with the draft modifier…which applies a draft angle to a specified planar face.…Let's head up to modify and select draft.…Initially, we are prompted to select a parting plane.…In this instance, let's select our x-z plane.…
I'm going to twirl our origin folder…and select our x-z plane.…For the direction, I'm going to select symmetric.…For the faces, let's select this four faces.…Holding control, left click this face, rotate.…Holding control, left click this face…and finally selecting this face.…For the angle, let's key in five…and hit okay.…
Inspecting the result of our draft modifier,…I'm going to head to left view.…Zoom in.…Moving forward, let's modify our draft feature.…I'm going to go to our timeline and double click draft two.…Let's remove our plane by selecting x…and select our bottom face as our parting plane.…
Let's head to left view…and flip the direction of our draft angle.…
- Similarities and differences between AutoCAD and Fusion 360
- Collaborating in Fusion Team and A360
- Sketch constraints
- Creating and modifying tools
- Design intent
- Assembling parts and components
- Creating 2D drawings
- Importing AutoCAD files
- Exporting a drawing to DWG
Skill Level Intermediate
Migrating from AutoCAD to Revitwith Paul F. Aubin2h 18m Intermediate
Migrating from AutoCAD to Inventorwith Thom Tremblay1h 18m Beginner
Cert Prep: Autodesk Fusion 360 Userwith Thom Tremblay55m 32s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Constraints and 3D Part Modeling
3. Assemble Parts and Components in Fusion 360
4. Creating 2D Drawings in Fusion 360
5. Working with AutoCAD Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.