Reference the attached canvas to sketch and position the ports. Modify timeline extrusion to create two bodies. Use shell commands to shell the battery port and then use the Combine feature to make one body.
- [Instructor] Next we'll design our connectors…that go on the top and the bottom here…and these are the same connectors…that we made for our battery recharger…but we'll approach this design…in a slightly different way.…We'll begin with a new sketch on this surface,…so let's remove Canvas for now,…go to Create Sketch…and select this surface of our circuit playground…and we'll start similarly…with our center rectangle,…so we'll grab Rectangle, Center Rectangle…and I'll just design it out here first.…
If we remember, those dimensions…are eight millimeters by 7.8 millimeters.…We'll hit escape to get out of the dimension tool.…I'll move this slightly over…so it's more in line to being vertical…with that origin there.…Grab our horizontal/vertical constraint…and we'll constrain that vertically…and then I'm going to drag this down…and actually we'll bring in that canvas…and this connector actually goes down here,…so let's move this all the way down…and a little bit hard to see,…so let's take bodies off…and I'm going to line this up…
- Getting started with Fusion 360
- Sketching and extruding
- Editing sketches and features
- Using calipers to get precise measurements
- Designing according constraints
- Modifying dimensions
- Changing inches to millimeters
- Modifying features
- Attaching and calibrating a canvas
- Sketching by referencing a canvas
- Parallel constraints
- Combining bodies and separating bodies
Skill Level Beginner
Fusion 360 Product Design: Lightingwith Carl Frischmuth5h 54m Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
Fusion 360: 3D Printed Product Enclosurewith Vladimir Mariano1h 52m Intermediate
2. Design Basics
3. Designing Accurate Parts
4. Design by Referencing Drawings
5. Design by Attaching Canvas
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.