Join Vladimir Mariano for an in-depth discussion in this video Modify standoffs, part of Fusion 360: 3D Printed Product Enclosure.
- [Instructor] Let's begin by modifying our standoff here.…In order to make it bit thicker and give us a little more…of a friction fit between it and our battery charger.…That way when we place our battery charger…it will lie in there firmly,…instead of easily being able to slide in and out,…to give us more of a secure fit.…Now there are a couple ways we can go about this…and I'll show you the first way.…First I'm going to just remove every component…that we don't need to see here.…And the first option will be to just use our…Modify, Press Pull tool.…
So if we go under our Modify menu,…we'll see our Press, Pull tool…and notice the Q keyboard shortcut there.…I'm going to select that and just select the surface…of our standoff.…And now I can drag this arrow out or in…to make it thicker or thinner.…Or I can I simply add a distance here…in this dialog box.…For example, if I wanted to make this…0.1 millimeters thicker I would just type that in.…I'm going to hit cancel…because this is not the approach I want to take.…
- Changing Fusion 360 settings
- Inserting parts into a current design
- Modifying a linked component
- Moving, aligning, and positioning components
- Designing a housing
- Modeling circuit playground platforms
- Checking the fit for 3D printing
- Preparing for 3D printing
- Modifying constraints
- Designing a cover and a shell
- Adding cutouts
- Finishing the assembly
Skill Level Intermediate
Fusion 360 Product Design: Lightingwith Carl Frischmuth5h 54m Intermediate
Additive Manufacturing: Optimizing 3D Printswith Rich Cameron1h 24m Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
1. Set Up
2. Insert and Position Components
3. Model Enclosure Base
4. Model Enclosure Cover
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.