Join Vladimir Mariano for an in-depth discussion in this video Modify the slide switch and housing, part of Fusion 360: 3D Printed Product Enclosure.
- [Instructor] Next we'll do a similar thing…with our slide switch…to give it more of a friction fit in there…so that it doesn't so easily slide in and out.…To do that,…we'll first untoggle our slide switch component,…and the way we're going to modify this…is to go ahead and just select the surface…that we want to change.…And notice in our timeline how we'll get…these little three hash lines…to show us which feature that is.…Now remember that we did this side and this side together,…so if I deselect and then select this side of that wall,…it'll give me the exact same feature.…
So let's double-click on that feature to select it,…and all we're going to do here is change that distance…from negative 0.2 to negative 0.1,…and you'll notice it'll bring those walls in a little bit,…just 0.1 millimeters.…And then we're going to click OK.…And we'll do the same thing with our top.…So if I select that surface,…it's actually,…it'll show me right on the timeline…that it was just the next feature,…which makes sense.…So we're going to double-click on that,…
- Changing Fusion 360 settings
- Inserting parts into a current design
- Modifying a linked component
- Moving, aligning, and positioning components
- Designing a housing
- Modeling circuit playground platforms
- Checking the fit for 3D printing
- Preparing for 3D printing
- Modifying constraints
- Designing a cover and a shell
- Adding cutouts
- Finishing the assembly
Skill Level Intermediate
Fusion 360 Product Design: Lightingwith Carl Frischmuth5h 54m Intermediate
Additive Manufacturing: Optimizing 3D Printswith Rich Cameron1h 24m Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
1. Set Up
2. Insert and Position Components
3. Model Enclosure Base
4. Model Enclosure Cover
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.