Join Vladimir Mariano for an in-depth discussion in this video Modify and mirror platforms, part of Fusion 360: 3D Printed Product Enclosure.
- [Instructor] And so that's our platform…where we're going to insert the hex nut and the bolt through…to lock everything in place.…However there is a problem here,…because if you're working with an FDM printer,…you're going to have a hard time printing this,…because there's nothing to support this area under here.…So if there was no circle there,…the filament could easily bridge across this.…It's only what, six millimeters, right.…But because there's a circle there,…when it gets to that point, or because of this hole,…it's going to actually come in…and just draw or spew filament here making a circle,…and there's nothing to support that,…so it's just going to droop down.…
And then it's going to try to connect…the circle to these walls,…and again with nothing to support it,…the filament is just going to fall through.…So having a hole there is really not ideal.…So instead of that, we'll actually just…draw a rectangle here and have it extrude through.…So I'll show you what I mean.…Let's bring back that previous sketch.…
- Changing Fusion 360 settings
- Inserting parts into a current design
- Modifying a linked component
- Moving, aligning, and positioning components
- Designing a housing
- Modeling circuit playground platforms
- Checking the fit for 3D printing
- Preparing for 3D printing
- Modifying constraints
- Designing a cover and a shell
- Adding cutouts
- Finishing the assembly
Skill Level Intermediate
Fusion 360 Product Design: Lightingwith Carl Frischmuth5h 54m Intermediate
Additive Manufacturing: Optimizing 3D Printswith Rich Cameron1h 24m Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
1. Set Up
2. Insert and Position Components
3. Model Enclosure Base
4. Model Enclosure Cover
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.