Join Vladimir Mariano for an in-depth discussion in this video Modify battery constraints, part of Fusion 360: 3D Printed Product Enclosure.
- [Instructor] Next we'll modify the positioning…of our battery.…So to get a good look at it,…let's remove that circuit playground board…and we'll go to a top view.…The issue we're having here is the battery is just too close…to the battery charger,…so that when we plug in our battery connector,…it will actually interfere with this battery.…To get a better look at that,…let's take a look at the side view.…Notice the height of the battery compared to our port…for the connector.…So we can clearly see that how that would be an issue.…Okay, to solve this, we're going to just move the battery…a little bit to the left, and to do that,…we're going to need to modify this extruded block here.…
So let's jump into that sketch by right-clicking…on the side of this block and going to Edit Profile Sketch.…That's going to bring us to that sketch…and we're going to remove all the components…we don't need here.…And let's expand sketches…and we'll just toggle all the sketches…that are useful to us.…So I'm going to go through each one of these…
- Changing Fusion 360 settings
- Inserting parts into a current design
- Modifying a linked component
- Moving, aligning, and positioning components
- Designing a housing
- Modeling circuit playground platforms
- Checking the fit for 3D printing
- Preparing for 3D printing
- Modifying constraints
- Designing a cover and a shell
- Adding cutouts
- Finishing the assembly
Skill Level Intermediate
Fusion 360 Product Design: Lightingwith Carl Frischmuth5h 54m Intermediate
Additive Manufacturing: Optimizing 3D Printswith Rich Cameron1h 24m Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
1. Set Up
2. Insert and Position Components
3. Model Enclosure Base
4. Model Enclosure Cover
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.