Join Vladimir Mariano for an in-depth discussion in this video Model standoffs for the charger, part of Fusion 360: 3D Printed Product Enclosure.
- [Instructor] Now that we've positioned…our battery charger, we're going to create a sketch…on this surface and project in these holes…so that we can begin creating our standoffs.…We'll go to Create Sketch,…and we're going to choose that surface…of our extruded circle here.…And it's going to ask you if you want to capture the position.…We're going to say yes.…We'll click Capture Position…since some of our components were moved.…And then we're going to, well, we can go two ways.…So if we go to Sketch, we can go down to Project Include,…and then choose Project, or notice the shortcut P.…
So I'm just going to hit P on my keyboard,…and then I can go in and select each individual circle here.…So make sure your Selection Filter…is to the Specified entities and not the Bodies.…So we're going to click on each of these circles,…and then click OK.…And now, if we remove the Battery Charger,…we see that we're left with our circles there.…We'll untoggle Bodies.…
And as you can see, I have a slight reference…to that extruded base that we created.…
- Changing Fusion 360 settings
- Inserting parts into a current design
- Modifying a linked component
- Moving, aligning, and positioning components
- Designing a housing
- Modeling circuit playground platforms
- Checking the fit for 3D printing
- Preparing for 3D printing
- Modifying constraints
- Designing a cover and a shell
- Adding cutouts
- Finishing the assembly
Skill Level Intermediate
Fusion 360 Product Design: Lightingwith Carl Frischmuth5h 54m Intermediate
Additive Manufacturing: Optimizing 3D Printswith Rich Cameron1h 22m Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
1. Set Up
2. Insert and Position Components
3. Model Enclosure Base
4. Model Enclosure Cover
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.