Design the ports on the charger. Learn how to use the linear and midpoint constraint to align sketch geometries and learn to remove sketch constraints.
- [Instructor] Before extruding this to a 3D model,…let's actually go back and fix a mistake I did…in the dimensions of the sketch.…So we'll do that by double-clicking…on our timeline feature here,…and that's going to open up our sketch.…And if you recall,…I made a mistake with this dimension.…I set it to 7.5,…or 0.75 instead of 0.8 inches.…So we're going to update that now.…I'm simply going to double-click on that dimension…and change it to 0.8 inch…and hit Enter,…and that's going to update.…
Now, the beautiful thing about this is as it updates,…it doesn't affect any of the other changes.…Everything just updates beautifully,…and now we have the correct dimensions.…All right,…so we'll click on stop sketch.…We'll click E on our keyboard for extrude,…select our profile,…and we're going to carry this arrow up…to give it some thickness.…And if we go back to our drawing,…we'll notice that there is no thickness dimension here.…
So we're just looking at a 2D drawing here…and I don't have a side profile to show thickness.…And in this case,…
- Getting started with Fusion 360
- Sketching and extruding
- Editing sketches and features
- Using calipers to get precise measurements
- Designing according constraints
- Modifying dimensions
- Changing inches to millimeters
- Modifying features
- Attaching and calibrating a canvas
- Sketching by referencing a canvas
- Parallel constraints
- Combining bodies and separating bodies
Skill Level Beginner
Fusion 360 Product Design: Lightingwith Carl Frischmuth5h 54m Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
Fusion 360: 3D Printed Product Enclosurewith Vladimir Mariano1h 52m Intermediate
2. Design Basics
3. Designing Accurate Parts
4. Design by Referencing Drawings
5. Design by Attaching Canvas
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.