Join Jomarc Baquiran for an in-depth discussion in this video Inserting a component into an assembly, part of Migrating from AutoCAD to Fusion 360.
- [Instructor] What if you created your file…without using the New Component option?…In this scenario, I have created a component…that I would like to be inserted into our assembly.…For this design to be inserted into our assembly…we need our file to be saved in the cloud,…specifically to our project folder.…Now to bring this component into our project folder…we simply have to save this file.…
I'm going to name this as Crosslink,…hit Save.…So there we have our crosslink saved in the cloud.…In addition, I have my web browser open…with a 360.…So I'm going to refresh this.…Confirmed, we now have our crosslink in the cloud.…Going back to Fusion 360,…head back to our assembly,…save this in the cloud, hitting Save.…
Let's name this as Assembly Exercise,…hitting Save.…Our assembly, now saved, let's head to our crosslink.…Right click and select Insert into Current Design.…Let's hide our data panel,…grab the X-Z planer handle…and move this here,…hit Okay.…
And there we have our crosslink inserted into our assembly.…From here, we can now make this a dynamic assembly…
- Similarities and differences between AutoCAD and Fusion 360
- Collaborating in Fusion Team and A360
- Sketch constraints
- Creating and modifying tools
- Design intent
- Assembling parts and components
- Creating 2D drawings
- Importing AutoCAD files
- Exporting a drawing to DWG
Skill Level Intermediate
Migrating from AutoCAD to Revitwith Paul F. Aubin2h 18m Intermediate
Migrating from AutoCAD to Inventorwith Thom Tremblay1h 18m Beginner
Cert Prep: Autodesk Fusion 360 Userwith Thom Tremblay55m 32s Intermediate
Fusion 360 Essential Training (2017)with Nick Kloski11h 20m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Constraints and 3D Part Modeling
3. Assemble Parts and Components in Fusion 360
4. Creating 2D Drawings in Fusion 360
5. Working with AutoCAD Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.