Although the tech drawings are in inches, Fusion makes it easy to convert these to millimeters Model the mounting holes by using the equal constraint to make them the same size.
- [Instructor] We'll go to Fusion…and we'll begin with,…it just makes sense to begin with a center rectangle here,…so first let's create our sketch…and our X, Y plane,…and before we forget,…let's go ahead and save this.…So, we'll click on save,…let's navigate to our enclosure part project…that we made,…so enclosure parts,…and we're going to give this one a title of,…we'll just call it battery charger,…and make sure it says enclosure parts under location,…and we'll click save.…
Notice here we have our battery and our slide switch,…those designs are also in here,…which is good.…So, let's click save.…Let's zoom in to about…five or so grid spaces here…with our origin in the middle.…And we'll grab our center rectangle.…So, sketch, rectangle, center rectangle,…and we'll start at the origin,…so snap it there,…click once,…drag out,…and click again.…
Let's look at our dimensions again…and we can see that we have an overall dimension…of 0.8 inches going across the top…and on the side here we have 0.75 inches.…So, let's start with those two.…
- Getting started with Fusion 360
- Sketching and extruding
- Editing sketches and features
- Using calipers to get precise measurements
- Designing according constraints
- Modifying dimensions
- Changing inches to millimeters
- Modifying features
- Attaching and calibrating a canvas
- Sketching by referencing a canvas
- Parallel constraints
- Combining bodies and separating bodies
Skill Level Beginner
Fusion 360 Product Design: Lightingwith Carl Frischmuth5h 54m Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
Fusion 360: 3D Printed Product Enclosurewith Vladimir Mariano1h 52m Intermediate
2. Design Basics
3. Designing Accurate Parts
4. Design by Referencing Drawings
5. Design by Attaching Canvas
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.