Design pins on the slide switch. Learn how to use angular dimensions and how to fix over-constraint errors. Get introduced to the horizontal/vertical constraint.
- [Instructor] Next we'll design the three little legs…that come out from the slide switch.…To do that we'll create a sketch…on this bottom surface here,…so make sure you select the surface…and not the plane.…So, make sure that that highlights…and we're going to click on it…and we're going to, again,…approach this a little bit different.…Instead of creating a rectangle,…we're going to sketch it creating lines,…because I want to show you some more constraints.…So, we're going to click the line tool,…or again remember L is our keyboard shortcut,…and we're going to go and start just sketching,…and I'm going to purposely draw this a bit skewed…and show you some things here.…
So, let's take a look at this sketch here.…Notice this little icon here,…that's a constraint that was automatically set.…You have to be careful about these…because sometimes Fusion…assumes that you want certain constraints.…In this case,…it figured I was trying to draw 90 degree line here,…so what it did is it added a constraint.…If I look at my sketch constraints here,…
- Getting started with Fusion 360
- Sketching and extruding
- Editing sketches and features
- Using calipers to get precise measurements
- Designing according constraints
- Modifying dimensions
- Changing inches to millimeters
- Modifying features
- Attaching and calibrating a canvas
- Sketching by referencing a canvas
- Parallel constraints
- Combining bodies and separating bodies
Skill Level Beginner
Fusion 360 Product Design: Lightingwith Carl Frischmuth5h 54m Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
Fusion 360: 3D Printed Product Enclosurewith Vladimir Mariano1h 52m Intermediate
2. Design Basics
3. Designing Accurate Parts
4. Design by Referencing Drawings
5. Design by Attaching Canvas
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.