Learn how to complete the battery charger design by applying fillets and appearances to the model.
- [Instructor] Now we can apply a fillet to these edges,…just like the drawing shows.…Unfortunately, we don't have a radius…to tell us what that would be for these curves,…but that's okay.…We'll just see what looks good.…So back to fusion, I'm going to go to Modify…and down to fillet and we'll select these four edges.…We'll go to a top view and I'll start dragging…this arrow in and we can see the number changing.…
I think around, let's see, I think 2.5…would look good and that looks great,…so we'll hit Okay.…And finally the last thing we'll do is add some color…to our model, so lets click A for appearance…and we'll--…If you don't see your little Appearance box,…just make sure to click this plus sign here.…We'll collapse everything so we see all…just the folders and we'll go to paint…and I'm going to start with a,…yeah, we'll do a metallic paint,…glossy, and I'll go down to a green paint.…
Notice up here we have the option…of going bodies or faces.…I'm going to start with bodies and I'm going to paint…the entire thing just by dragging that green paint in.…
- Getting started with Fusion 360
- Sketching and extruding
- Editing sketches and features
- Using calipers to get precise measurements
- Designing according constraints
- Modifying dimensions
- Changing inches to millimeters
- Modifying features
- Attaching and calibrating a canvas
- Sketching by referencing a canvas
- Parallel constraints
- Combining bodies and separating bodies
Skill Level Beginner
Fusion 360 Product Design: Lightingwith Carl Frischmuth5h 54m Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
Fusion 360: 3D Printed Product Enclosurewith Vladimir Mariano1h 52m Intermediate
2. Design Basics
3. Designing Accurate Parts
4. Design by Referencing Drawings
5. Design by Attaching Canvas
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.