In this video, learn how to insert commonly used fastener components such as nuts and bolts.
- [Instructor] Now that we have our motors in place here, … let's take a look at how we can insert some fasteners … such as nuts, bolts, washers, and so on, … so these are very commonly used machine components, … and there's a number of different ways … you can implement these in your Fusion 360 projects. … For one, of course, you can just model … up your own components, nuts, bolts, and so on, … but in a lot of cases, if you're not … actually the manufacturer of these machine components, … you're just kind of reinventing the wheel … by remodeling nuts and bolts. … Of course, you have that option if you'd like to, … but more often than not, the specific manufacturer … has already modeled these and make those models available … for you, so you can just download them and insert them … just like we did with the motors, … or in a lot of cases, it might be useful … to use the built in Fusion 360 tools for this, … so if I just go to the Insert dropdown here, … I have two very handy tools here. …
- Designing the base component
- Designing links
- Using the plastics and casting design tools
- Creating a mechatronics assembly
- Routing wire
- Creating the final outputs