In this video, learn how to generate a simplified model of the second link of the robot. Specifically, learn how to extrude with Draft and discover why this can be useful.
- [Instructor] To start the design of link two … of my robotic arm, … I'm going to create a new sketch on, … let's start with my front plane this time. … And I'm just going to start by sketching out a few circles. … One at the origin here, … throw that dimension of let's say 80 millimeters. … And draw out another circle here, … let's say 60 millimeters. … And then I'm going to also throw in a dimension … of a distance between the center points … of these two circles here, … 200 millimeters there … and then I'll also want to throw in a constraint … between these two center points, … make those to be vertical to each other. … So, those are locked in now. … And then I'm just going to draw some arcs here … to create more of a natural free flowing kind … of sketch here. … So, I'll create an arc here to start. … I'm going to use a three point arc. … And do something from about here … to about here and maybe some arc just like that to start … and then saying let's say from about here to about here …
- Designing the base component
- Designing links
- Using the plastics and casting design tools
- Creating a mechatronics assembly
- Routing wire
- Creating the final outputs