Discuss different ways of creating a sketches. Learn to modify an extrusion by editing the feature on the timeline.
- [Instructor] Let's continue with our…battery charger design.…Since we've created this extrusion, we can now do the same…thing on the other side to create our USB plug.…To do so, we have a couple options here.…We can create another sketch on this surface…and do the same thing by drawing a rectangle and extruding…or we can edit the existing sketch, since it's going to be…on that same plane.…I'll show you what I mean and keep an eye here…on our timeline and as well as our sketches here…under browser.…
So notice we have sketch one and sketch two…and our last feature was extrusion.…Now if I go to sketch, create sketch, and I choose…the top of that surface again, notice that I have a new…sketch feature in my timeline and I also have a new sketch…under the browser called sketch three.…Now to show you the other option, I'm going to click on undo…and instead of creating a new sketch, I can simply…right click on this sketch, our sketch two,…and go to edit sketch.…
Another way I could have done that would be by going…to the timeline and selecting that sketch and then choosing…
- Getting started with Fusion 360
- Sketching and extruding
- Editing sketches and features
- Using calipers to get precise measurements
- Designing according constraints
- Modifying dimensions
- Changing inches to millimeters
- Modifying features
- Attaching and calibrating a canvas
- Sketching by referencing a canvas
- Parallel constraints
- Combining bodies and separating bodies
Skill Level Beginner
Fusion 360 Product Design: Lightingwith Carl Frischmuth5h 54m Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
Fusion 360: 3D Printed Product Enclosurewith Vladimir Mariano1h 52m Intermediate
2. Design Basics
3. Designing Accurate Parts
4. Design by Referencing Drawings
5. Design by Attaching Canvas
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.