In this video, learn how to generate a simplified model of the fourth link of the robot.
- [Instructor] To start my link four, … I will create a new sketch on the front plane. … I'm just going to start with the line command … and start a line from the origin here. … Let's draw a straight line, … straight horizontal line to start … and a bit of an angled line, something like this, … and then turn that into an arc. … Let's say, somewhere about here. … And kind of same idea on the other side here, … so I'm just giving the kind of general shape that I'd like … for my link four here, … and I'm going to finish it off, of course, … with some dimensions and relations. … So let's first throw in some dimensions, … maybe total dimension here from my origin point … to the center of my arc point here, … I'll give a dimension of about 120 millimeters. … Again, I'm just kind of making these dimensions up … as I go along, so of course, you can play around, … make up your own dimensions for your own designs, of course. … I'm going to throw in a radius … of my arc here, 30 millimeters. … I want this to be symmetrical …
- Designing the base component
- Designing links
- Using the plastics and casting design tools
- Creating a mechatronics assembly
- Routing wire
- Creating the final outputs