In this video, learn how to generate a simplified model of the first link of the robot.
- [Instructor] Now that we've finished off the base, … let's take a look at designing the first link … of our robotic arm that will be connecting … to the base component. … So you're going to start off again … just with a new sketch here. … I'll choose the top plane, … and I'm just going to draw a circle … from the center point here, … and I'm going to make sure that this is 140 millimeters … just so it will line up nicely with our base component. … And from there, I can extrude this out. … And let's say about 10 millimeters here. … And then I'm going to extrude from the under side … of this, as well, … so I will create another sketch from this bottom face. … I'm going to use my offset command again. … I'm going to offset from this edge three millimeters … as I did before, … and again, I want to flip this … to make sure it's on the inside of my extrusion there. … Say okay there, … and now once I have my offset sketch, … I'll again want to extrude from that. … And I'll extrude again, …
- Designing the base component
- Designing links
- Using the plastics and casting design tools
- Creating a mechatronics assembly
- Routing wire
- Creating the final outputs