Get an introduction to using constraints. Use the Center Rectangle tool to create a rectangle that you can dimension and use the coincident constraint to lock it to the origin.
- [Instructor] To design our slide switch,…we'll create a sketch.…But instead of going to Sketch, Create Sketch,…we're going to take advantage…of the Create Sketch shortcut on our toolbar.…So we'll click on that, and then choose our XY plane.…Now take a look at the grid spacing.…If you recall, I had you change the settings…so that we had our major grid spacings…at 10 millimeters, and we had it fixed.…So that way if I zoom in or out,…these spacings between these grids,…or the size of the grids,…are 10 millimeters each, and they don't change.…
So the reason for that was because…I can say, "Zoom in, so you're looking at, let's say,…"four grids vertically on your screen,"…and it puts us both on the same area.…And it avoids situations like this where I say,…"Draw a box," and my box is roughly 20 by 20,…and if you're zoomed out and you draw a box,…let's say here, you know, your box is now 200 millimeters.…So that was the reason for that.…Let's zoom in so that we see about four grids vertically,…so that we're looking at one, two, three, four.…
- Getting started with Fusion 360
- Sketching and extruding
- Editing sketches and features
- Using calipers to get precise measurements
- Designing according constraints
- Modifying dimensions
- Changing inches to millimeters
- Modifying features
- Attaching and calibrating a canvas
- Sketching by referencing a canvas
- Parallel constraints
- Combining bodies and separating bodies
Skill Level Beginner
Fusion 360 Product Design: Lightingwith Carl Frischmuth5h 54m Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
Fusion 360: 3D Printed Product Enclosurewith Vladimir Mariano1h 52m Intermediate
2. Design Basics
3. Designing Accurate Parts
4. Design by Referencing Drawings
5. Design by Attaching Canvas
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.