Join Vladimir Mariano for an in-depth discussion in this video Design the cover and shell, part of Fusion 360: 3D Printed Product Enclosure.
- [Instructor] We'll begin our cover design by creating…an offset plane on top of our Circuit Playground board,…and then creating a sketch on that plane.…To do so, we'll go to construct,…down to offset plane,…and we'll select the top of our Circuit Playground.…We're going to offset this by three millimeters.…So we'll just enter three,…and we'll see our plane will move up three millimeters,…and we'll click okay.…Next, we'll go to sketch,…create sketch, select that offset plane,…so careful here that you select the right plane,…and we'll begin sketching on that plane.…
We'll start with a sensor diameter circle,…so we'll click c for circle, start at the origin.…We're going to come out and reference the edge…of our bottom portion of our case here.…So let's go to a top view.…We're going to snap right to that edge.…You should see that diameter,…which will be the same as 60.6 millimeters.…And now we can click stop sketch.…I'm going to bring that sketch back in view so I can see it.…And I'm going to remove every other component and the bodies.…
- Changing Fusion 360 settings
- Inserting parts into a current design
- Modifying a linked component
- Moving, aligning, and positioning components
- Designing a housing
- Modeling circuit playground platforms
- Checking the fit for 3D printing
- Preparing for 3D printing
- Modifying constraints
- Designing a cover and a shell
- Adding cutouts
- Finishing the assembly
Skill Level Intermediate
Fusion 360 Product Design: Lightingwith Carl Frischmuth5h 54m Intermediate
Additive Manufacturing: Optimizing 3D Printswith Rich Cameron1h 22m Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
1. Set Up
2. Insert and Position Components
3. Model Enclosure Base
4. Model Enclosure Cover
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.