Learn how to re-design the battery but this time apply dimensions in order to get an accurate model. Use the appearance box to apply materials to the battery.
- [Instructor] Let's redesign our battery,…but this time we'll approach it in a more accurate way.…We'll start with a new design,…and the first thing we are going to do…is to save our design.…So we'll click on the Save icon on the upper left here.…We'll get this window where we can give our design a name,…so we 'll call this Battery.…And we can choose to save it in its current location…or we can choose a different location…by expanding this little drop-down arrow here.…And we can move this window a little up…so we can see everything.…Notice the layout here.…We have our projects on the left,…and those designs within that project on the right.…
We can choose an existing project,…but what we're going to do is click on New Project here…to create a new one,…and we'll call this one Enclosure Parts.…We can hit Enter and it's going to go ahead…and create that new project.…And once it's created, we have to still select it.…So take a look here under our Location,…and once we select it, it'll actually update.…So make sure to confirm that it gets updated.…
- Getting started with Fusion 360
- Sketching and extruding
- Editing sketches and features
- Using calipers to get precise measurements
- Designing according constraints
- Modifying dimensions
- Changing inches to millimeters
- Modifying features
- Attaching and calibrating a canvas
- Sketching by referencing a canvas
- Parallel constraints
- Combining bodies and separating bodies
Skill Level Beginner
Fusion 360 Product Design: Lightingwith Carl Frischmuth5h 54m Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
Fusion 360: 3D Printed Product Enclosurewith Vladimir Mariano1h 52m Intermediate
2. Design Basics
3. Designing Accurate Parts
4. Design by Referencing Drawings
5. Design by Attaching Canvas
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.