Join Vladimir Mariano for an in-depth discussion in this video Cutout for the slide switch, part of Fusion 360: 3D Printed Product Enclosure.
- [Instructor] When designing enclosures,…one particular CAD scale you'll have to get comfortable with…is creating perfect cutouts for your interior parts…from your product.…For example here, we're going to have to access…this slide switch, so we'll need to make the perfect cutout…for that, and we also have our battery charger here…that we'll have to access.…In certain cases, it may be an SD card…or it can be a multitude of things…that you have to create cutouts for.…So let's look at some examples in tackling this.…And in particular, it's a little different…when you have a curved shape, rather than just accessing…from the top when you have a flat shape.…
So let's start with the slide switch.…I'm going to remove the top part here…and I'm going to create an offset plane first…on this face and pull it out…and then use that to create our Sketch.…So let's go to Construct and then down to Offset Plane,…and we're going to create a plane that's going to be parallel…to this face here.…So I'm going to select it and I'm going to take that arrow…
- Changing Fusion 360 settings
- Inserting parts into a current design
- Modifying a linked component
- Moving, aligning, and positioning components
- Designing a housing
- Modeling circuit playground platforms
- Checking the fit for 3D printing
- Preparing for 3D printing
- Modifying constraints
- Designing a cover and a shell
- Adding cutouts
- Finishing the assembly
Skill Level Intermediate
Fusion 360 Product Design: Lightingwith Carl Frischmuth5h 54m Intermediate
Additive Manufacturing: Optimizing 3D Printswith Rich Cameron1h 24m Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
1. Set Up
2. Insert and Position Components
3. Model Enclosure Base
4. Model Enclosure Cover
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.