Join Vladimir Mariano for an in-depth discussion in this video Cutout for the battery charger, part of Fusion 360: 3D Printed Product Enclosure.
- [Instructor] To create our cutout for our battery charger,…we'll approach it the same way…by creating an offset plane.…So let's go to Construct Offset Plane,…and we just need to select a flat surface here.…And the side of our component will work perfectly,…and so we'll click on that,…and then we can take that plane and just drag it out.…Let's go to a top view.…And again, the dimension isn't critical.…Just get it in the front and we'll click okay.…And now we can create a sketch on that plane.…
So let's go to a view so we can see we have access…to that plane…and go to Create Sketch…and just be careful to select that plane,…and that will go to a create view facing it.…And we're going to project in certain geometry.…So let's get rid of every component we don't need.…And I don't need to see the circuit player on,…the slide switch,…don't need the battery.…Well, actually, I need the battery charger.…I don't need the battery.…And we don't need to see that construction plane…for our sketches.…
We just need to see the current sketch.…
- Changing Fusion 360 settings
- Inserting parts into a current design
- Modifying a linked component
- Moving, aligning, and positioning components
- Designing a housing
- Modeling circuit playground platforms
- Checking the fit for 3D printing
- Preparing for 3D printing
- Modifying constraints
- Designing a cover and a shell
- Adding cutouts
- Finishing the assembly
Skill Level Intermediate
Fusion 360 Product Design: Lightingwith Carl Frischmuth5h 54m Intermediate
Additive Manufacturing: Optimizing 3D Printswith Rich Cameron1h 24m Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
1. Set Up
2. Insert and Position Components
3. Model Enclosure Base
4. Model Enclosure Cover
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.