Join Jomarc Baquiran for an in-depth discussion in this video Create tools: Sketch rib and web, part of Migrating from AutoCAD to Fusion 360.
- [Instructor] Hi everyone.…In this lesson we will discover the two create tools…for increasing the structural integrity of our model.…Namely, Rib and Web.…Let's discover how this model was created.…I'm going to move our marker to the beginning…by selecting this button…and moving one step.…So I created a rectangular profile,…extruded this,…added fillets and…applied the Shell command.…
Let's discover Rib first.…Basically, it uses an open sketch curve…to create a thin feature.…Let's grab our line tool by hitting L…and, for the plane, I'm going to select our XY plane.…And, because we are sketching out the middle of our model,…I can select our Slice.…You have a better view.…Let's zoom in on this right portion.…
Let's place our first point at this corner.…Zooming in, left-click on this L point…and left-click here at the horizontal edge.…Zooming out, next hitting D for dimension,…I'm going to select this point and this point,…move up to have a horizontal dimension.…
Left-click here to place our dimension.…I'm going to key in 10, hitting Enter,…
- Similarities and differences between AutoCAD and Fusion 360
- Collaborating in Fusion Team and A360
- Sketch constraints
- Creating and modifying tools
- Design intent
- Assembling parts and components
- Creating 2D drawings
- Importing AutoCAD files
- Exporting a drawing to DWG
Skill Level Intermediate
Migrating from AutoCAD to Inventorwith Thom Tremblay1h 18m Beginner
Migrating from AutoCAD to Revitwith Paul F. Aubin2h 18m Intermediate
Cert Prep: Autodesk Fusion 360 Userwith Thom Tremblay55m 32s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Constraints and 3D Part Modeling
3. Assemble Parts and Components in Fusion 360
4. Creating 2D Drawings in Fusion 360
5. Working with AutoCAD Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.