Design the four mounting holes by creating a sketch and using the Center Rectangle tool. Turn sketch lines into construction lines. Extrude cut the circles to create four holes.
- [Instructor] Let's now make the four holes…on these corners.…We will, again, go back to that same sketch…and edit it.…So, we'll right click,…go to Edit Sketch.…And there are a few ways we can tackle this.…I'm going to show you a relatively simple way…and that's going to be to take advantage…of our center rectangle.…One thing I do want to point out here…is if your Sketch1 is on,…you're going to be seeing…the sketch below it.…
Not only will you see it,…but you'll reference it.…Let me show you what I mean.…If I go to Sketch, Rectangle,…and choose my Center Rectangle,…we're going to start at the origin…and I can come out.…And notice how it's going to want to snap to that sketch,…that's our Sketch1.…These reference line refer to that center rectangle…from our first sketch.…If I don't want that there,…I can simply untoggle it from here,…so if I go to that Sketch1…and unclick that light bulb…that sketch is now gone…and I don't have to worry about Fusion…wanting to snap to it.…
So, let's take that center rectangle…and come out about this far or so,…
- Getting started with Fusion 360
- Sketching and extruding
- Editing sketches and features
- Using calipers to get precise measurements
- Designing according constraints
- Modifying dimensions
- Changing inches to millimeters
- Modifying features
- Attaching and calibrating a canvas
- Sketching by referencing a canvas
- Parallel constraints
- Combining bodies and separating bodies
Skill Level Beginner
Fusion 360 Product Design: Lightingwith Carl Frischmuth5h 54m Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
Fusion 360: 3D Printed Product Enclosurewith Vladimir Mariano1h 52m Intermediate
2. Design Basics
3. Designing Accurate Parts
4. Design by Referencing Drawings
5. Design by Attaching Canvas
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.