Reference the attached image to sketch the circles. This time you use Circular Pattern in the modeling environment to pattern the extruded hole.
- [Instructor] Now that we've extruded our NeoPixel lights,…let's go back into that sketch and extrude our holes.…So we'll go up here under our browser…and we can either edit this sketch…or this one here, they're both the same thing.…So I'm just going to double-click this one…and let's bring back our canvas.…And we'll grab one of these circles here.…So we'll draw a circle…and we'll do the same thing with the circular pattern,…however we're going to do it in the modeling environment…instead of the sketching environment.…
And I will show you what I mean.…So we'll begin with a sketch here, so C for a circle.…Or I'm sorry, we'll begin with a circle,…we're already in sketch mode.…And I'm going to start the circle right here…at the middle of this, crosshairs here come out,…and I'm going to make this 3.5 millimeters and set that.…Okay so now we have to position it…and we have to lock it in,…so let's remove canvas there and take off our body.…
D for dimension, we'll dimension,…we'll go for an up down dimension.…And we'll do 19.65.…
- Getting started with Fusion 360
- Sketching and extruding
- Editing sketches and features
- Using calipers to get precise measurements
- Designing according constraints
- Modifying dimensions
- Changing inches to millimeters
- Modifying features
- Attaching and calibrating a canvas
- Sketching by referencing a canvas
- Parallel constraints
- Combining bodies and separating bodies
Skill Level Beginner
Fusion 360 Product Design: Lightingwith Carl Frischmuth5h 54m Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
Fusion 360: 3D Printed Product Enclosurewith Vladimir Mariano1h 52m Intermediate
2. Design Basics
3. Designing Accurate Parts
4. Design by Referencing Drawings
5. Design by Attaching Canvas
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.