Join Vladimir Mariano for an in-depth discussion in this video Change settings, part of Fusion 360: 3D Printed Product Enclosure.
- [Instructor] Let's now make sure we're working…with the same settings.…The first thing we'll do is to confirm we're working with…millimeters as our units.…To do so, we'll go to Document Settings right here…under our browser, click on the little arrow to expand it,…and confirm that your units is set to millimeters.…If not, simply click on the pencil-and-ruler icon.…You'll get this dialog box.…Choose millimeters from the options and click OK.…Since I'm already set to millimeters,…I'll just click on Cancel.…Next, we're going to change our default modeling orientation…so that z is up instead of y.…
To do so, we'll go on our name here,…our user name on the upper right hand, click on that,…and then go to Preferences.…Under Preferences,…we want to change the default modeling orientation…from Y-up to Z-up.…I also like to reverse my zoom direction,…so I'm going to click on this little checkbox here,…and this may just be based on preferences but for me,…it's more intuitive to have this checked than not.…So I'm going to click Apply and click OK.…
- Changing Fusion 360 settings
- Inserting parts into a current design
- Modifying a linked component
- Moving, aligning, and positioning components
- Designing a housing
- Modeling circuit playground platforms
- Checking the fit for 3D printing
- Preparing for 3D printing
- Modifying constraints
- Designing a cover and a shell
- Adding cutouts
- Finishing the assembly
Skill Level Intermediate
Fusion 360 Product Design: Lightingwith Carl Frischmuth5h 54m Intermediate
Additive Manufacturing: Optimizing 3D Printswith Rich Cameron1h 24m Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
1. Set Up
2. Insert and Position Components
3. Model Enclosure Base
4. Model Enclosure Cover
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.