Go to the product page to find the specification drawing and download it. Then bring that image in Fusion where you can position and calibrate it to the proper dimensions.
- [Instructor] Our next design is going to be…the Circuit Playground Board.…And we're going to approach this in yet a different way.…Instead of simply using the technical drawings…to reference our dimensions,…we're actually going to bring it in to Fusion 360…as an attached canvas.…And we'll even use that image…to trace some of our sketch entities.…I'll show you what I mean.…Let's go and grab a copy of our technical drawing image.…So we'll go to Adafruit where our product is.…
So we'll type adafruit.com…and in the search box,…we'll simply start typing Circuit Playground…and we'll see that it comes up.…We're going to click on Circuit Playground Classic.…And then click on Technical Details.…And we're going to go to Schematics, Datasheets,…Eagle CAD PCB files, and so on.…And scroll down...…And we're going to find our Fabrication Print here.…
Notice again, that the dimensions are in inches.…So what we'll do is we'll simply right-click…and go Save Image As,…and I'll just throw this in my downloads folder again,…and click Save.…
- Getting started with Fusion 360
- Sketching and extruding
- Editing sketches and features
- Using calipers to get precise measurements
- Designing according constraints
- Modifying dimensions
- Changing inches to millimeters
- Modifying features
- Attaching and calibrating a canvas
- Sketching by referencing a canvas
- Parallel constraints
- Combining bodies and separating bodies
Skill Level Beginner
Fusion 360 Product Design: Lightingwith Carl Frischmuth5h 54m Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
Fusion 360: 3D Printed Product Enclosurewith Vladimir Mariano1h 52m Intermediate
2. Design Basics
3. Designing Accurate Parts
4. Design by Referencing Drawings
5. Design by Attaching Canvas
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.