Join Vladimir Mariano for an in-depth discussion in this video Assembly, part of Fusion 360: 3D Printed Product Enclosure.
- [Instructor] After printing both parts,…it's time to put this together.…Here's an image of our circuit diagram,…and as you can see, it's pretty basic.…We'll take a wire and connect it from the battery pin…of the charger to one of the pins on the slide switch…and then also take a wire from an adjacent pin…of that slide switch and connect it to the VBAT pin…on the circuit playground.…We'll also connect a wire from the ground pin…of the battery charger directly to the ground pin…of the circuit playground.…
I grabbed some jumper wires which I stripped off…the insulation and then soldered these…to the battery charger board.…I connected the red wire to the battery pin…and the black wire to the ground pin.…I then soldered the red wire to one of the pins…on the slide switch and took the adjacent pin…on the slide switch and soldered it to the battery pin…on the circuit playground.…Assembly is straightforward.…We'll begin my inserting the three-millimeter hex nuts…into place.…It's a tight fit,…so I find a small flathead screwdriver helps…
- Changing Fusion 360 settings
- Inserting parts into a current design
- Modifying a linked component
- Moving, aligning, and positioning components
- Designing a housing
- Modeling circuit playground platforms
- Checking the fit for 3D printing
- Preparing for 3D printing
- Modifying constraints
- Designing a cover and a shell
- Adding cutouts
- Finishing the assembly
Skill Level Intermediate
Fusion 360 Product Design: Lightingwith Carl Frischmuth5h 54m Intermediate
Additive Manufacturing: Optimizing 3D Printswith Rich Cameron1h 24m Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
1. Set Up
2. Insert and Position Components
3. Model Enclosure Base
4. Model Enclosure Cover
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.