Join Vladimir Mariano for an in-depth discussion in this video Align and position components, part of Fusion 360: 3D Printed Product Enclosure.
- [Instructor] Let's now position the rest…of our components into their proper locations.…We'll begin with our battery.…And if I bring that in, you'll see that the battery…is actually splitting our base feature here,…and the reason for that was…because when we made this circle,…we actually extruded it up.…We could have extruded it down,…and the battery would have lay perfectly on the top.…So let's go ahead and move the battery now…so it actually lies on the surface.…And we're again going to approach it by keeping it simple…and just using the Align tool.…
So we'll go to Modify, Align.…And to make sure I get the bottom of that battery,…I'm going to untoggle the body of that cylinder, for now.…And again, I just want it to go straight up,…so I'm not going to reference any of these points.…I'm just going to click on the surface,…and I'll bring back the body, click on that surface,…click OK, and now the battery went straight up.…But as we can see, it's cutting our battery charger,…so we need to fix that.…
I'm going to go to a top view, right-click on the battery,…
- Changing Fusion 360 settings
- Inserting parts into a current design
- Modifying a linked component
- Moving, aligning, and positioning components
- Designing a housing
- Modeling circuit playground platforms
- Checking the fit for 3D printing
- Preparing for 3D printing
- Modifying constraints
- Designing a cover and a shell
- Adding cutouts
- Finishing the assembly
Skill Level Intermediate
Fusion 360 Product Design: Lightingwith Carl Frischmuth5h 54m Intermediate
Additive Manufacturing: Optimizing 3D Printswith Rich Cameron1h 22m Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
1. Set Up
2. Insert and Position Components
3. Model Enclosure Base
4. Model Enclosure Cover
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.