Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Modifying the body shape, part of Learning Adobe Fuse CC.
- [Voiceover] When we chose the head for our model, we were then able to go ahead and customize their head in a variety of ways, and you won't be surprised to learn that we can do the same with the entire body. Let's go onto the Customize pane, and here are the controls for the arms, the legs, and the torso. These are the same kinds of sliders that we saw before, and you can see we can adjust the upper arms, the oval arm length, the forearm, the hands, the shoulders, and so on.
Just as we did with the head, we can click and drag directly on the figure, so if I go over the bicep, as I drag this, we can make that bicep larger and smaller. We can make the whole arm longer or shorter, and we can move the arms up and down, sloping the shoulders as we do so. And once again, as we make these changes, all those sliders move so we can see exactly the changes that we've made.
If we don't like the changes, we can just reset the figure. Moving on, we can make the legs a little bit chunkier or the slimmer, we could move the hip up and down... and we can give our figure a bit of a belly if we want. We can make it skinnier, we can make the hips wider, and so on. So we can customize this figure to quite a high degree, both by dragging directly on it as we've done here, or by looking at each part.
We've looked at the arms, here are the leg controls, and we can adjust the length of the feet, the length of the toes, the shape of the knees, the thickness of the calves, thickness of the thighs and so on. We can also look at the torso, and here we can do things like changing the position of the shoulder blades. Let's try raising those. We can't see from the front what difference have been made here, and we can adjust pretty much everything we want to about the shape of the figure.
The size of the breasts, the size of the midsection, we could add love handles onto here to make this figure any shape that we like. If we hit Reset we can choose either to reset just this section, or Reset All will reset the entire figure. You'll notice, incidentally, that when choosing torsos, they've all got clothes on.
If you're not quite so prudish, you can change this. Go to the Fuse menu and choose Preferences, and if you like, here you can uncheck Modest Mode, and the only difference is, now... one of the figures is not quite so modest as it was before.
- Choosing and customizing the character's head
- Choosing a torso, legs, and arms
- Adding clothing, hair, glasses, and hats
- Posing the model in Mixamo
- Placing and animating the model in Photoshop