Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Lighting, shadows, and reflection, part of Learning Adobe Fuse CC.
- [Voiceover] To create our final image,…let's first of all look at the lighting.…And we can do this by clicking…on this little lighting icon.…And the position of this will vary…depending on the direction the light is coming from.…When we select it,…we get this cone found in the middle,…and we can drag this around…to change the position of the lighting.…Now very strong shadows like this…are only cast on very bright sunny days.…This is an overcast day,…so we just want quite a faint shadow…directly beneath her.…
So let's move this light directly above…and in the properties panel,…we can soften this shadow.…And that's going to look a lot more convincing.…Of course you'll notice that she's now entirely in shadow.…So let's add another light.…We can add a new infinite light.…Have this one coming much more from the front.…
And let's not have a shadow cast by this light.…It's rather too strong for our scene,…so let's take the intensity down…by dragging on the word intensity.…And that looks rather better.…Next, let's have a look…
- Choosing and customizing the character's head
- Choosing a torso, legs, and arms
- Adding clothing, hair, glasses, and hats
- Posing the model in Mixamo
- Placing and animating the model in Photoshop
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Animating Cartoon Characters in Mayawith George Maestri2h 17m Intermediate
1. Creating the Head
2. Building the Body
3. Adding Clothing
4. Customizing Texture
5. Posing the Model in Mixamo
6. Placing the Model in Photoshop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.